45 min plus chilling time
This cheesecake is smooth, creamy, crunchy, sweet, salty and combines the perfect balance of flavour. Whilst it’s perfect for the whole family... It’s a sure favourite at your next dinner party.Recipe by Helen Mouneimne
500g chocolate ripple biscuits
150g butter, melted
5 teaspoons powdered gelatine
1/4 cup boiling water
750g cream cheese, softened
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
450ml thickened cream
200g Violet Crumble DARK — 150g for the inside of the mixture and 50g for garnish. Violet Crumble Dark is available in bars and bags.
1 cup salted roasted pistachios, lightly crushed.
1. Grease a 25cm-round (base) springform pan with canola spray.
2. Using a food processor, process biscuits until a fine crumb forms. Add butter. Process until combined.
3. Press the biscuit mixture over base and side of prepared pan making sure the mixture is evenly distributed through the pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the gelatine over boiling water in a heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture until combined.
6. In another bowl, whip the thickened cream until stiff peaks form.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture whilst adding in the crushed violet crumble and 3/4 cup of the pistachios.
8. Once combined, pour the mixture into prepared pan, levelling top with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
9. Serve with more crushed violet crumble and the remaining pistachios.