30 mins plus setting time
Robern Menz Products:
Why not celebrate World Chocolate Day a truly Aussie Way with these delicious Violet Crumble Choc Vanilla Slices! We're certain you'll love this twist to this classic so much it'll become your new go-to Vanilla Slice recipe.
- 3 Violet Crumble 50g original bars
- 2 sheets butter puff pastry, thawed
- 2 x 100gm packets of vanilla dessert mix
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (sifted)
- 600ml thickened cream
- 300ml milk Icing sugar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Shatter 2 x Violet Crumble 50g bars into crumbs.
2. Cut the sheets of butter puff pastry to fit perfectly in a plastic container or metal baking tin which is approximately 24cm x 24cm.
3. Place butter puff pastry sheets on baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool.
4. Place cream and milk in a large bowl. Sprinkle shatterings over the vanilla dessert mix powder. Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is thick, fluffy, and able to hold its own shape.
5. Stir through the 2x shattered Violet Crumbles and cocoa powder.
6. Line the container/tin you are assembling the slice in with baking paper.
7. Place one of the pastry sheets on top of this paper in the tin. Spread the dessert mixture evenly over this pastry sheet.
8. Place the second sheet on top and very gently press down.
9. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. To slice, remove from container and place on a board. Very carefully cut into pieces.
10. Sprinkle with the remaining shattered Violet Crumble and a dusting of icing sugar.