15 mins + sitting time
Menz Confectionery Products:
Forget bread and butter pudding, this Hot Cross Bun pudding will knock your socks off. This dish is certain to make mouths water at any Easter catch up!
- 110g / 1 large Violet Crumble Easter Egg
- 5-6 Hot Cross Buns
- 50g butter softened
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50ml cream 250ml milk
- 1 Violet Crumble Bar, shattered.
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees / 160 degrees fan 20cm round cake tin
- Use 25g of butter to grease the cake tin thoroughly. Cut a cross at the top of each hot cross bun and butter the inside of each with the remaining butter. Place in baking tin.
- Melt the Violet Crumble easter egg in the microwave in 2-3, 20 second bursts. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly then whisk in cream and milk. Next whisk in the eggs.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the buttered hot cross buns making sure the centre of each bun soaks up an even amount. Allow to sit for 15-30 minutes before placing in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the liquid has set.
- Serve hot from the oven sprinkled with a shattered Violet Crumble bar and ice cream.