40 min plus 4 hr refrigeration
Robern Menz Products:
This festive Violet Crumble Trifle is set to be the centerpiece of any Christmas table! With rich choaoclate brownie, creamy cheesecake and caramel dulce de leche, it won't be long before this becomes your Christmas fave!. Recipe by Laura Bakhtiaria aka @pieces of me
- 430g premade Caramel Dulce De Leche
- 170g Violet Crumble Dark, pieces cut in halves
- 180g Violet Crumble, pieces cut in halves
- 200g Cream, whipped
- 220g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g butter, chopped
- 315g brown sugar
- 4 eggs 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 190g plain flour, sifted ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Vanilla Bean Cheescake
- 500g block cream cheese, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 220g cream, lighly whipped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
Method for the Brownie
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into a pre greased and lined round cake or brownie tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Set aside and allow to cool.
For the Cheesecake
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla bean, gelatine until well combined, then gently fold in the whipped cream. Set aside.
To assemble the trifle
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling in the base of a 4L-capacity glass bowl or trifle dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once set, spoon evenly across the dulce de leche to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Break the brownie into pieces (unless baked using a cake round cut brownie in half, across the middle), and add brownie on top of dulce de leche.
- Add a layer of Violet Crumble halves rotating between dark and milk choc.
- Add the remaining cheesecake filling and allow to set for another 2 hours.
- Once set add the remaining brownie onto of the cheesecake filling.
- Finish trifle with whipped cream and decorate using remaining violet crumble pieces and fresh berries.