6 hours chilling time
Caramel Violet Crumble Gingernut Log! This festive dessert will be sure to be the centerpiece of any dining table! Recipe by Helen Mouneimne, aka The Greek Vegetarian
1 x 170g packet Caramel Violet Crumble
1 x 500ml thickened cream
1.5 teaspoons icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 x 250grams ginger nut biscuits
- Using an electric beater, beat the cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until still peaks form.
- Spread some of the cream mixture along a serving platter. This will help the biscuits stand.
- Stand 1 biscuit upright on its edge and spread with cream mixture. Place another biscuit alongside and sandwich together. (The easiest way of doing this is to put the cream into a piping bag then pipe the cream onto the back of the next biscuit and so on.)
- Continue layering with cream mixture and remaining biscuits to form a log.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture over biscuit log to cover. Using the back of an offset spatula or a knife, jilt the cream in an upward motion to create small peaks.
- Crush the Caramel Violet Crumble pieces then sprinkle over the top of the cream log.
- Place in the fridge for minimum of 6 hours to set then slice on a diagonal when ready to serve.