Caramel Violet Crumble Biscuits! These biccies are chewy, addictive and packed full of flavour. If you are able to resist them, they keep well and make for a great accompaniment to a tea or coffee. Recipe by Helen Mouneimne, aka The Greek Vegetarian
200g unsalted butter
100g brown sugar, softened
100g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
350g all purpose flour
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1 pinch salt
1 x 170g packet of Caramel Violet Crumble (chopped)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan and line 2 trays with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter, vanilla essence and sugars until pale and creamy. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
3. Sift in the flour, bi-carb soda and salt then fold through the Caramel Violet Crumble.
4. Place medium sized flattened balls of the mixture onto the prepared trays ensuring to leave a gap between the biscuits.
5. Cook for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.