Two Aussie favourites combine to bring you an earth shattering twist on a classic treat.
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 155g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 150g Violet Crumble
Chocolate Icing Mixture
- 470g icing sugar
- 70g cocoa powder
- 240ml boiling water
- 75g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2 long sides to overhang.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until thick and pale. Sift one-third of flour mixture over the egg mixture. Fold until combined. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Pour butter and water around the edge of the bowl. Fold to combine.
- Pour into prepared lamington pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until mixture springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool slightly in pan for 5 minutes, with oven door slightly ajar. Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Trim edges off the cake and cut into 15 squares.
- To make the icing sugar, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add melted butter and boiling water and whisk until smooth..
- Place Violet Crumble into food processor and blitz into a crumb. Place Violet Crumble on a plate. Use 2 forks to dip 1 cake square in icing. Shake off excess. Roll in Violet Crumble to coat. Transfer lamington to a lined tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and Violet Crumble. Set aside for 1 hour to set.